The SDET is the person responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining complex test automation using Agile automation techniques and tools. You will receive deep insight into the software development lifecycle along with freedom to complete your goals in your way. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, operating at the tactical level, while solving difficult problems – this role is for you. You will partner with software development teams on the development and implementation of testing automation processes, methods, and tools.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders and scrum team to identify needs and gather requirements
- Support the team in the design of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Advocate and evangelize QA best practices throughout the agile product lifecycle
- Advocate automation of every part of the software delivery lifecycle
- Assist scrum team with sprint planning, test design, test execution, defect analysis/root cause investigation & reporting on test status
- Identify defects and missing information in requirements
- Implement and continually improve an automated testing framework at all levels of the application stack
- Design and implement automated test cases
- Contribute to regression test plans.
- Conduct Defect Analysis and management
- Perform manual functional, regression, and end-to-end testing on web based applications
- Document and report issues in tracking system
- Partner with developers, product managers and business analysts as necessary to drive defects to resolution
- Take ownership of product and process quality.
- Have a sense of urgency for high impact issues and accelerate processes as necessary to get them resolved
- Raise flags for high severity defects to help product and release managers make go/no-go decisions
- Develop test strategies and test plans to provide a framework for achieving release criteria.
- Write, maintain and execute test cases.
- Contribute to product design and support.
- Explore and exploit opportunities for QA automation.
- Work with R&D, Product Management, Professional Services, and Customer Support to understand and address specific customer needs and issues and ensure they are reflected in test plans.
- Improve development and QA processes.
- Work under limited guidance
- Take initiative and participate in formal/informal training to increase supply chain management domain knowledge along with technical skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of development experience specifically involving selecting and utilizing the correct processes, tools, and methodologies for test automation suites.
- At least 3 years’ experience on Selenium IDE, Selenium BDD framework is preferred. C# using Selenium to interact with HTML elements
- 5+ years of experience developing and executing manual tests and other QA activities for web-based enterprise-level software products
- Experience and passion for working in an agile Scrum environment
- Profound sense of ownership both for the work of the scrum team and the outcomes for the company
- Testing experience with browser clients, web servers, and Windows applications/services.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and dynamic company environment
- Solid, analytical problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in understanding technical documentation and requirements.
- Ability to find gaps in designs and update tests/requirements.
- Attention to detail.
- Expertise in creating complex SQL queries to verify results of testing.
- Effective communication skills working with related engineers and implementation teams are key to the position
- Ability to articulate the role of testing in an overall QA function and to influence a team of testers and developers towards a culture of “fail early” and “building quality in”
- Exposure to development environments using Continuous Integration (CI)
- Experience working with Selenium grid and implementing parallel test execution
- Experience analyzing business requirements, functional specifications and with collaborative specification
- Employment type: Work from home till COVID-19
- Immediate joiners are required